Hello! Today I’m sharing not one, but three cards featuring the brand new Nordic Garden summer release! I’ve been busy in my garden for days, so naturally I couldn’t resist making several cards with these beautiful new dies.
I love mixing things up when sending handmade cards, so I enjoy making fun fold once in awhile. The best part is that both of these fun designs can easily be adapted into a standard A2 card if you prefer to skip the fancy folds.
I’ll start with a basic gatefold card—one that opens in the middle instead of the side. Begin with an 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” piece of cardstock. Score it at 2 2/16” and fold it inward so the sides meet. For the front panels, I ink blended a background with purple and yellow inks. I then cut two panels measuring 5 1/2” x 2 1/8” to decorate the front panels. This step is optional, you could leave the card base plain or use some patterned paper from your stash instead.
I love mixing things up when sending handmade cards, so I enjoy making fun fold once in awhile. The best part is that both of these fun designs can easily be adapted into a standard A2 card if you prefer to skip the fancy folds.
I’ll start with a basic gatefold card—one that opens in the middle instead of the side. Begin with an 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” piece of cardstock. Score it at 2 2/16” and fold it inward so the sides meet. For the front panels, I ink blended a background with purple and yellow inks. I then cut two panels measuring 5 1/2” x 2 1/8” to decorate the front panels. This step is optional, you could leave the card base plain or use some patterned paper from your stash instead.
For my second card, I created what I like to call a floating edge card. Start with a standard A2 card (5 1/2” x 4 1/4”) and trim 1” off the front right edge. When decorating your card, some of the die cuts extend beyond the edge, creating the “floating” effect.
For my final card I used the largest die from the Fine Eyelet Frames to cut a panel from the Birthday Fun Paper Pad. The delicate eyelet details are beautiful, and I already know this will become one of my go-to die sets.
Now my stash has cheerful floral and garden-inspired cards for summer! I hope you check out the new Nordic Garden release. It’s perfect for summer and definitely complements the recent Nordic Daydream release. Thanks so much for visiting, and don’t forget to share some handmade happiness of your own!








No comments:
Post a Comment