The December Poppystamps Challenge is over, and since I'm busy catching up...I still decided to post this fun card. The challenge was "Pockets Please." There's a challenge every month, so check the Poppystamps Blog. For my pocket project, I chose to make a card with a pocket to hold a pair of tags my friend can use this holiday season.
I decided to make a flat card for this project. I started with a 5 1/2” x 4 1/4 card base. Then I cut two 4” x 4” squares to create my pocket. I chose to use some festive patterned paper from the Memory Box Brilliant Fuchsia pad.
I decided to make a flat card for this project. I started with a 5 1/2” x 4 1/4 card base. Then I cut two 4” x 4” squares to create my pocket. I chose to use some festive patterned paper from the Memory Box Brilliant Fuchsia pad.
To assemble the pocket, I used double-sided tape for extra strength before slipping my tags inside. It was a bit snug (with two tags), so I switched to thin foam strips. If you are only giving one tag, the tape is perfect.
To decorate the front, I used dies from the new Nordic Winter Magic release—I used the large die from the Nordic Snowflake Border set and added the Nordic Layered JOY die for a festive touch.
For my tags, I used the largest tag in the Scalloped Pinpoint Tag set and added a Cute Bow die cut at the top. To add some interest and depth to the background of the tags, I used an extra Nordic Snowflake die cut as a stencil. I ink-blended with a light brown shade to create subtle snowy background.
To decorate my first tag, I used the Nordic Swirl Tree and leftover paper from my pocket and finished it with a sentiment from the Open Studio Greeting Tabs. These tabs make it so easy to add an elegant sentiment!
For the second tag, I used the Layered JOY die again, but replaced the “O” with the adorable Nordic Chilly Snowman face.







No comments:
Post a Comment