Wednesday, January 14, 2026

A Chocolate Surprise!

Hello Friends! I recently won a gift card to Pretty Pink Posh...Thank you! I don't regret waiting to use my prize until the January release. I bought the Box of Chocolates die set. I love chocolate, so it was an easy decision. Here's the card I made with it (and a few things from my stash). More to follow on supplies. 

I didn't have this idea right at the start, but as I was having fun decorating all the chocolates I thought I need to make a surprise box of chocolates. I saw this hinged mini card online several years ago. I'm sorry, but I can't remember who made the first one. Jennifer McGuire does come to mind because I've watched many of her videos. 


First, some basic information. I used an embossing folder from my stash and the large heart-shaped dies are from Simon Says Stamp. Pretty Pink Posh does include a rectangular die to make a box in the Box of Chocolates set. The bow, tiny hearts and letters spelling out LOVE, HUGS and XOXO are included in the Pretty Pink Posh die set. I could have just made a heart-shaped card, but I like my cards to stand up on their own.

I decorated the inside of my card with some extra chocolates.

Since you can choose how to decorate your chocolates and colors to use, I'll just provide some more details on the hinged heart box (mini card) I made for my chocolates. You can use any shape and also use it to add a surprise message on your card.

Instructions for making a mini card to adhere to your main card.


You’ll need three pieces (the shape and colors are your choice). For the purpose of these instructions, I chose three different colors to hopefully make the assembly easier.

For the hinges, I used a clear acetate package that stamp sets/dies often come in. You’ll need at least two hinges approximately 1/2” wide (could be smaller or wider depending on the size of your shape). Cut them at least 3” long. HINT: cut it along the side of the packaging so you don’t need to score the “hinge.” If you can’t do this you’ll need to score the acetate to create the hinge. Don’t worry too much about the exact length, you can trim it after adhering it to the shape.


You need the inside layer to hide the tape and acetate. I used double-sided adhesive tape to secure the acetate hinge. Adhere the two cardstock pieces together.



Lift up the hinges (on the front heart now) and bring them over the back of the inside of your mini card and secure with more double-sided tape. This will be adhered to the actual card, so don’t worry about how it looks. 





Now you're ready to write a message or decorate. When you're done, adhere it to your main card. I used more double-sided tape for extra security.


As always, when trying a new technique or fun-fold card, I usually use scrap paper before using my good cardstock. This also gives you a sample to keep to review if you make another card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas in July Sneak Peek: Spread Holiday Cheer All Year Long with the Nordic Birdhouse

Hello! Today, I’m sharing a mini sneak peek. It’s officially “Christmas in July!” Whether you celebrate this fun tradition by getting an ear...